Results for 2013 Browns AvantiPlus - Haggis Hunter 6hr / 3hr

Thanks to everyone that came along to the 6hr race today.  It was a bit of a damp & slippery start to the day, but the sun came out just after lunch and the track dried out nicely.   Here are the results with lap times 

Numbers were down a bit on last year and I guess the weather didn't help.  Still, we typically only get 50-60 people to this event and it would be nice to get a few more people along.  If anyone has any ideas about how we can ramp it up a bit, please post here or get in touch with Glyn Howell on 027 344 9626.  Do we need to advertise more, shift the date, make the tracks easier?

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was out there taking photos of the riders today. They're on my Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.665700016782673.107374184...

If anyone would like copies of any images, please let me know.

Great event, guys.  As far as ramping it up, I think advertising might be needed.  Unless one frequents this site or looks specifically at the events board at your LBS (amongst all the other bits of paper I might add) then it is unknown.  I told a few people about it last week - the first they had heard of it - sadly too late for them to rearrange their plans.

I forgot about it.........completely......

Yep - we advertise on the website and on noticeboards (in shops and at the tracks), but that is preaching to the converted.  Hard to know what more we can do.  Can't afford radio advertising etc. 

It's a great little event - just a bit strange that we can get over 800 people along to the 12hr, but only 50 to the 6hr. 

Definitely.  Not sure how to get around that.  I guess most of it is word of mouth.  

From the people I spoke to who missed it, they either had something else on, or thought that it was on Sunday for some reason.

Maybe the trails could get dumbed down a little - I did almost as much climbing in 6 hours as I did for the entire 12 hour - but that would be killing it a bit for the people already doing it.

It is a cracking ride.

Hamish Seaton said:

Yep - we advertise on the website and on noticeboards (in shops and at the tracks), but that is preaching to the converted.  Hard to know what more we can do.  Can't afford radio advertising etc. 

It's a great little event - just a bit strange that we can get over 800 people along to the 12hr, but only 50 to the 6hr. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

1 September 2018 - 31 August 2019

Cheap as chips since ages ago: $30 individual/$50 Family.

As a member, you get some great Deals & Discounts

Trailforks Map

Dunedin on Trailforks.com

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by MBO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service