Who would be keen for our own social summer series? Similar to what Vertigo are running in Queenstown (https://www.facebook.com/vertigobikessummerseries)... a fun social series aimed at having fun, getting to know new people and going for a beer afterwards.

Just looking to gauge interest and throw some ideas around at this stage. So chime in if you're interested and if you have any suggestions on format, preferred day, frequency, etc.

I'll get the ball rolling... I'm thinking mid-week, fortnightly until daylight savings ends (5 rounds if we start 1st wk of Feb), 6pm kick-off, $2 entry for a feed afterwards to accompany bevvies at Inch Bar, Albar or similar, may even stretch to a FREE beer for quickest time of day or most improved from previous round :).

It's totally up in the air at the moment and open for debate, so let the discussion begin...

Views: 1125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike

No need to sign up as such, just rock up on the day.

Although if you want to keep on top of what's going on join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DunedinMTBSummerSeries/.

Once all details have been confirmed I'll update this discussion and you'll also be able to check back here for round details, postponements and updates throughout the series.

Righto, so we're only 1 week away from this thing kicking off!! The details for Round 1 at Waraki Creek / Redwoods are live, check 'em out here.

If you're intending to come along and partake in the festivities, it would be awesome if you could join the Facebook event, that way we some idea of numbers come race day.

Check the event for updates. Postponement or cancellation due to weather will be posted by 4pm on the day.

The series is suitable for all ability levels - so if you have friends that that are keen to give MTBing a go, drag 'em along, they're guaranteed to have a blast.

Let the fun begin!!

At this stage it looks like Round 1 at Wakari Creek is ON. We are at the mercy of the weather, but it's looking promising. I'll post by 4pm if it doesn't work out.

Even though this is a social series, there is some very important official business that I need to cover...

1. The fastest in each category gets bragging rights but MUST buy the person at the other end a drink.
2. If you get chicked in the overall, and you're immediately after said chick, you MUST buy the lady a drink.
3. I can't discount other disincentives for being too fast... like taking down the tape. You're obviously the perfect person for the job and means the rest of us get to the pub that much sooner.

Note: Categories are dudes, chicks & groms (<14). Don't want to make it too difficult to keep on top of things so hardtails, single-speeds, DH sleds or whatever you're running will all run together under the categories above.

RESULTS : Round 1 - Wakari Creek / Redwoods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groms - Hartley Bulger Patrick
Chicks - Shannon Hope
Dudes - Ethan Glover

Full results attached.

Attachments:

RESULTS : Round 2 - Bethunes Gully / Forrester Park
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groms - Cam McDowell
Chicks - Shannon Hope
Dudes - Ethan Glover

Full results attached.

Attachments:

Action from the second round at Bethunes Gully and Forrester Park...

http://www.mountainbikingotago.co.nz/photo/photo/slideshow?albumId=...

Riders hitting the first jump at the top of Bethunes:

Lee Paterson's POV footage of his run down Bethunes:

Really must sort out that dumb hole-jump before the Sport/Expert fork!

Used to be a pretty tame wee dip!  Ugly now, Dead Cow is getting pretty choppy too......nice video...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

1 September 2018 - 31 August 2019

Cheap as chips since ages ago: $30 individual/$50 Family.

As a member, you get some great Deals & Discounts

Follow us on Facebook

© 2019   Created by MBO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service