Last nights award winnners
2018 Club Awards
MBO Volunteer of the year:
This award acknowledges the ongoing contribution of an individual, who every year turns up without fail, to the same event and does the same role.
This year’s MBO volunteer of the year is awarded to Andrea Lippers for her commitment to volunteering at the Naseby 12hr.
MBO Digger of the year “Golden Spade”:
This year has seen many nominations for this award and I’d like to acknowledge each one of them.
• Hamish Seaton for vision and construction of the Rockery, Signal Hill and Nichols creek.
Hamish also oversees the PD crew.
• Adrian Ruthven for endless hours of digger work and general maintenance, Signal Hill.
• Dave Casey and Crew for Moustache Extension, Signal Hill
• Tim Cleminson ongoing maintenance, Wakari Creek
• Gareth Hargreaves and Monday night dig crew, for Bermaggedon, Whare Flat.
• Richard Van Der Lem ongoing contribution to the Naseby track
• Brent Cunningham for rebuild of the Naseby 12hr track and Ernslaw One MBO representative.
While everyone of these nominations are worthy of this award as their contribution to the track network certainly does not go unnoticed.
This year the award could be shared between two individuals as I believe they are often beavering away together, however this year’s award is being awarded to someone who has done exactly what he said he wanted to achieve by joining the MBO committee and more.
This years MBO Digger of the year is awarded to Brent Cunningham “Howie”
MBO Junior Digger of the year “Junior Trowel”
This award is to acknowledge the contribution of an up and coming junior. This person is a regular attendee at the MBO working bee’s. 
MBO Junior Digger of the year is awarded to Archie Cardno.
MBO Mountain Bike rider of the year: 
Male and Female, Junior and Senior riders of the years are awarded to MBO club members who are representing Mountain Biking Otago riding at National level events and higher. When comparing rider’s, it is taken into consideration the size of the field and the type of category entered.
MBO Junior Female Mountain Bike rider of the year: This has been a difficult decision between two sister, we have looked closely at National, Oceania and School XC results and were still unable to split them. After further digging we are delighted to award this year’s Junior Female rider to Emma Cunningham
MBO Junior Male Mountain Bike rider of the year: This rider placed in the top 10 and both Nationals and Oceania Champs DH 8th/ 6th respectively, South Island School champs he competed in all 3 events winning the overall age group category placing with a DH 3rd, SD 2nd and a 20th XC. This year’s Junior Male rider is Harlen Hancock.
MBO Senior Female Mountain Bike rider of the year: There is just not competition in this category, winning back to back world titles we are thrilled to award Senior female rider of the year to Ronel Cook.
MBO Senior Male Mountain Bike rider of the year: This rider is competing in his first year in the elite category at Nationals and Oceania’s finishing 7th and 11th of the eligible riders, this year’s Senior male of the year is awarded to Calum Booth 
Special awards:
This year we have 2 life members to be awarded for their significant contribution the MBO executive; Glyn Howell and Adrian Robinson.
Presidents Choice:
This is an award idea that I stole from another sporting club. It’s the opportunity for me as president to acknowledge the contribution of an individual whose contributions do not fit into the any of the normal awards.
This year’s President’s choice award is being awarded to a person who has been an amazing support to me. There are several committee members who have been amazing at supporting me and I thank you all. While its certainly handy having a husband so willing to assist with prepping the courses for events and getting them marked, this award is not for you.
This person works closely with me during the organising and hosting of South Island School Champs and the Oceania Champs, when things are overwhelming me (putting it politely) I’m able to vent my frustrations. We work together well to ensure that common sense and logic is used to ensure that the events provide a good time for all. This person takes care of all the H&S documents for CNZ, he is our club commissaire, he has recently been appointed to the MTBNZ technical delegate panel. I’ve learnt how he likes the tracks marked, which was evident at Oceania’s with minimal changes needed after the official track inspection. All too often we miss the quiet achievers.
This year’s Presidents Choice is being awarded to James Crawford

Congratulations Everyone!

Views: 64

Attachments:

Reply to This

1 September 2018 - 31 August 2019

Cheap as chips since ages ago: $30 individual/$50 Family.

As a member, you get some great Deals & Discounts

Trailforks Map

Dunedin on Trailforks.com

Events

November 2018
SMTWTFS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by MBO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service